Low order quantities and fast lead times are a vital packaging solution. It is one brands and startup businesses often find difficult to achieve. Especially if you have a new product to launch or a specific promotional campaign.
Your challenge has been achieving low volume printed packaging within budget. More often than not, retail packaging requires high quantities to reduce the unit cost. There are also additional set up costs with printing plates or cylinders when using flexographic or rotogravure print. For this reason, many projects aren’t realised because the product won’t sell enough units to justify the overall costs. And you may be left with redundant stock.
Fortunately, the revolution of digital print is providing opportunities to help solve this challenge. If you are after low volume printed food packaging, then the power of digital print might be the solution you’ve been looking for.
Here’s why Digital printing works
- Digital print – Allows for smaller runs, while maintaining excellent quality for your marketing graphics.
- Volume – You can print what you want, when you want it and tailor each run to who you want to target. Use variable data to deliver the right message, to the right people, at the right time.
- Speed – Digital printing is rapid. Response times are reduced due to minimal press setup. The process is further simplified as no plates or cylinders are required. Your artwork is sent straight to press so consequently there are less steps. This makes the process simple and transparent, with final product delivered quicker.
- Cost effective – Traditional printing methods for food packaging using flexographic and gravure print have quotas or minimum orders to be cost effective. Digital can deliver precise volumes to suit. You can forget the headache of excess or redundant stock tying up your cash! Digital might not look the cheapest option, but when you start to consider other costs such printing plates and cylinders then this starts to be a viable option
- Design – You can make design changed rapidly prior to print. With no investment in print plates or cylinders, you can adapt your design, text and messaging easily. Every run can be different and you can target your audience delivering consistently up to date marketing messages.
- Quality – Digital is equal to the highest quality flexographic and gravure print. There’s no question. We challenge you to check out samples between all three processes and see for yourself. With digital, colour is consistently maintained during every print run.
- Green – Unlike conventional printing, digital has less pre-press work, less set up waste, and the overall energy consumption is lower.