With the current focus on packaging, green packaging and plastic waste, we have released a statement here to outline our position regarding this.
We currently have researched and sourced a number of new materials with the potential to replace plastic flexible packaging in the long term, and also have interim, greener solutions to help businesses move away from traditional substrates.
However we want to clarify that we believe that traditional plastics will continue to play a huge part in the packaging economy for reasons outlined in our statement, alongside green packaging.
Eco-Friendly Options Available
- Green packaging plastics – PE, PET; from renewable raw material sources (sugar cane ethanol)
- Bioplastics – NatureFlex NML; biodegradable, Vincotte Home Compostable, FSC certified, suitable for anaerobic digestion
- Bioplastics – PBSA; Water + CO2 biodegradable form of polyester with PP properties
- Bioplastics – PLA; recyclable, compostable, biodegradable monolayer film from renewable resources, EN13432
- LIMEX – Limestone based sheets, water free production, recyclable
Also we have R&D to further the development of these materials and relevant applications. The industry does need to progress to meet more intense product demands and we want to stay at the forefront of this.