Vowpack’s consultancy service covers every aspect of flexible packaging for both brands and converters alike. We will consider every request and insist on being incredibly thorough when designing our ‘scope of work’ document for the job. Also, as you can see opposite, our MD Matt Baldock is a proficient and regular speaker about packaging and major industry events.
Examples of work undertaken so far include:
- Converting packaging from rigid to flexible, identifying ideal packaging product and offering marketing angles to explain the change to customer base. This job also involved working with machinery manufacturers to adjust machine to fill new packaging format, instead of the brand having to purchase a new machine.
- Specifying a bespoke machine to fill a brand new beverage product, identifying the optimal process and in turn the optimal packaging specification.
- Value engineering with a brand’s full packaging range, safely downgauging material weights, reducing number of colours per design and helping the design team develop colour commonality to further reduce colour changes on press.
- Ongoing packaging audits, order pattern data reports and automating the stock replenishment process.
- Developing a new material specification to enable converter to compete in the retort film sector, minimising laminate structure and utilising the full capabilities of multilayer cast extrusion.
- Identifying market trends and figures to support higher production output of a particular material. A difficult decision was made to stop producing one product to focus on the other, which fortunately increased output, turnover and profit.
- Assisting an established global company in their commercial justification for significant CAPEX in a new area to complement their current business.
- An ambitious project involving setting up a new site in a different country to the origin company. Investigating grants, free trade zones, logistics challenges, cost analysis and specifying the complete machinery setup. This site will open in 2018.